The Waynesburg & Washington Railroad was a 28-mile 3-foot common carrier tucked among the hills and valleys of Southwestern Pennsylvania. The railroad operated from 1875 to April 6, 1933. The Pennsylvania Railroad purchased the line in 1885, making it one of two narrow gauge operations in the mighty Pennsy system.
One of the seven W&W Moguls survived, second locomotive #4, a 1916 ALCO/Cooke product (thought to be 1 of 5 narrow gauge ALCO/Cooke locomotives in existence.) The locomotive was shifted around the PRR system for decades until 1958, at which time the locomotive returned home to Waynesburg, Pennsylvania. The locomotive is currently housed at the Greene County Historical Society and undergoing extensive cosmetic restoration for the convention.
The Society owns W&W Coach 6, an 1892 Jackson & Sharp product. This car is the only known surviving piece of rolling stock from the line. Coach 6 is undergoing a restoration event with the anticipation of being completed for the convention.
Also on the museum grounds is an operational 1950 Plymouth 7-ton diesel locomotive, which is used to shuttle the locomotive in and out of the enginehouse.
Locomotive 4, Coach 6 and the Plymouth will be on display during museum hours. Self-guided tours are available.